Weary, gentle Lib Dem drama teacher Alan loves Konstantin Stanislavski. Lively, brash, leftwing drama teacher Dave loves Berthold Brecht. Late one afternoon in the corner of a deserted staffroom these two very different men transform themselves into their very different heroes, as they go head to head to prove who is the greatest theatre practitioner of them all. In a highly entertaining yet informative way, this explosive new play explores the contrasting styles of Stanislavski and Brecht. Expect high drama – the gloves are off!
How will my students benefit?
A two-hander, written and performed by Richard Attlee (Kenton in The Archers) especially for schools, Stan v Bert is a novel and entertaining way to educate pupils about the theories and techniques of Stanislavski and Brecht. Accompanying the performance is a post-show discussion where students can discuss issues raised in the play and talk to the actors about the acting profession.
Who is the play suitable for?
KS3 & KS4: A perfect introduction to the life and work of these two practitioners for both pre-GCSE and current GCSE Drama students as well as those taking “A” Levels. It’s fun, entertaining and educational.
How long is the play?
1-hour running time which excludes the post show Q & A. This can be arranged to fit around your timetable.
As many as you wish.
How much does the play cost?
- The price is £290 and this includes the performance, a post-show discussion and two one hour follow up lesson plans.
- Mileage, (plus any toll, parking and congestion charges) is additional and is charged at 35p per mile from our bases in Kent and Lewes – whichever your school is closer to.
- We do not charge VAT or accommodation.
What do we need?
- A member of staff to meet us on arrival and to show us where the facilities are.
- A school hall or drama studio with no interruptions.
- 30 minutes to set up before the show. 15 minutes to strike the set.
What happens next?
- On receipt of the booking form, we will get back to you by telephone or email with our availability.
- Click here for our contact Booking Form.
- If for any reason Curious Theatre cancels a date that has been booked and paid for, they will offer either a booking refund or a change of date.
- Cancellation within 30 working days of the play/workshop, for whatever reason, incurs the full fee plus expenses, including travel where journeys have been undertaken.
Southern England – if you are outside this area please contact us to discuss further.