Students are given the opportunity to gain a LAMDA Qualification. The sessions will take place on a Monday Evening after school in The Space at Sackville School
Students will work 1:1 with a LAMDA tutor before taking an exam in Acting or Musical Theatre. Students of any age can participate and are mentored from Entry Level – Gold Award. The higher LAMDA grades also carry UCAS points when applying for university, and are a great help for children working towards G.C.S.E drama or those who just love to explore acting in general.
- Costs £10 per session
- Time: Between 4pm and 8pm Monday
- Sessions are 20mins long
The examinations themselves provide candidates with an opportunity to:
- Measure progress against an international standard
- Make contact with expert practitioner examiners outside the immediate teaching environment
- Build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Acquire skill certification for career development
- Receive critical appraisal and guidance for future development
The qualification also hones and develops Interpretative skills, Technical skills and builds knowledge of the performance process, with higher grades looking at the key principals of practitioners also.
The tutor will advise you on which Grade would be best for your child depending on their abilities and will prepare your child for their examination.
Exam costs are set annually by LAMDA and will be notified to you before you commit to the exam.
Please let us know if you are interested in your child participating.